Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

Stopped in at JoAnn Fabrics because I had heard a rumor that they got in lots of new buttons. 

There were wonderful new buttons!  Mickey and Minnie, Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast, and many, many more......I wanted them all, but then wondered what I would do with them.

I just couldn't resist the gnome buttons!  They are too cute.  Don't know what I will do with them, but they followed me home.............  The only problem is the shank in the back of the button.  I will need to find  way to take that off and then perhaps I will find a use for the buttons.

The fox buttons are for Miss Marguerite who will make needleminders out of them once I pick up the rare earth magnets for her. 

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Eva, with regard to the shank problem on the gnome buttons...I recently had a snowman button that had a shank on the back and I wanted it gone. I got out my Dremel and got it off, sanded it down, then put two holes with my tiny Dremel drill and now I can sew my snowman on my fabric like a regular button.

Good luck!!

RJ said...

I did the same thing...stopped in at Joann's and came home with three packages of buttons. I got large bees, tiny bees and little tiny hearts. They were all needed for coming up projects. I think your gnomes are adorable as are the fox. RJ @stitching friends forever

Mary said...

I will have to check my sad Joannes store to see if they got any new buttons in, the gnomes are adorable. Thanks for the heads up on new stock. Mary

Honeybee said...

You can buy a pair of shank removers for about $6. You can see them on my blog:

http://thecopperfox.blogspot.com/2016/09/making-more-needle-minders.html