Thursday, May 19, 2016

Stitch Maynia, Day 15

 

On the 15th Day of Stitch 'May'nia, I started Witch's Stitches by Sue Hillis.  I got the chart a few weeks ago, and at the Get together in LaPorte, Judy from West Virginia, had shown us her completed Witches Stitches.  She had stitched it on an overdyed lavender Aida, and I just loved it so I went in search of a similar linen or evenweave.  I found one at House of Stitches!  I pulled all the floss for it the other day, and enjoyed most of my stitching time on Sunday.






I did run into a problem though.  I pulled a bobbin of #209 (the one on the left)  but when I stitched with it, the color just didn't seem to work with the other floss colors.  So I checked my floss again, and pulled another bobbin of #209 (the one on the right).  It was a different 'shade'!   That shade worked better so I pulled out all the stitches with the first bobbin of #209, and restitched it with the second bobbin.  I have heard of people having problems with dye lots but this is the first time it has happened to me!

 

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, that is quite the difference. I've been lucky up to now as well with lots.

Justine said...

What a fun stitch - and gorgeous fabric! I've never had any problems with DMC dye lots. Glad you sorted yours our before too much stitching time was wasted!