Friday, March 18, 2016

A Recent Finish

I didn't plan on stitching this piece, but, well, it's a long story.  My dearest sister-in-law purchased the chart, fabric and floss with the idea of stitching it herself.  She had never stitched on evenweave, (in fact, she had only ever stitched one small ornament on aida) and was having difficulty 'seeing' the holes.  So then we started over on aida, and that didn't work well for her either.  So....I offered to finish it for her.  I still had some of the original evenweave, and started over.  It stitched up very quickly, but in all of the back and forth, the charms were missing, so I ordered the chart and charms again, and now they are attached!  The frame that I have for it is great, but I will have to motivate myself to do some framing.......

1 comment:

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on this one and very nice of you to help your sister out.