Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Finish of a Different Kind

Today is John's birthday.  To commemorate the day, I took the day off of work and we drove to Milwaukee to tour the Pabst Mansion.  I had been there a number of years ago and I was anxious to see the rooms that had been restored since my last visit.  John had never been there.  It is truly a wonderful place, and well worth the visit if you are in the area.







 We stopped for dinner on the way home, but went back to my house for dessert.  I had baked John's favorite cake, a spice cake.  This recipe has been in his family for generation, and I bake it for him each year.  It was yummy, but quite big for just the two of us.  John will be eating cake for quite awhile!










1 comment:

Tiffstitch said...

That sounds like a great day, and a delicious cake. I like spice cake too.